Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Beginning

I'll begin with a bit about myself. My name, for the most part, is Tish. I'm 26 years old, married with 2 cats, currently employed and going to school. I've had some successes and some pretty impressive failures, but I just keep tripping along because I'm too stubborn to give up and too energetic to quit.

I live in the great state of Texas, though El Paso hardly counts as Texas. It's Mexico, it just hasn't quite given up and realized it yet. I'm a native Texan, married to a transplant of 20-something years named Thomas. We've been married about 3.5 years, no kids at this time. (I've negotiated my freedom from children until I hit 29.)

I'm an Army wife, and it's a lifestyle I'm pretty much good with. The Army has been good to both of us, so I support him staying in as long as he likes. I'm beginning an associates program in the summer for Dental Hygiene (not a career I ever thought I'd get into, but you do what you have to.) I work at a small police department, which pays crap but offers a lot of freedom and has some really awesome people (and a few crazy ones.)

I ride a motorcycle (2007 Suzuki SV650) when it's not stupidly cold outside (which it is right now.) As a native Texan, I do love and own guns, but I support smart and safe use and ownership, as well as thorough background checks and waiting periods. I love writing, books, and arts and crafts, all of which I hope to incorporate into this, my shiny new blog. I also wanted a place to unload about recent events and things that weigh on my mind that I really don't feel like arguing about with friends and family. I'm sure everyone with friends and family can sympathize.

So, I guess that's it. Welcome!

-TxT

No comments:

Post a Comment